Trip to Colorado

I took this picture because the snow is hearshaped...just looked cool to me I guess
Dad and Kari rest after hiking. It doesn't look like very steep terrain I know but believe me we were breathing hard...well maybe not Kari but the rest of us were (including the dogs)

Isn't this old mining cabin cool? The used to mine several different minerals on this mountain including gold. I kept my eyes open incase I spotted some but to no avail. Thus I will not have an early retirement.
Flowers that grow up out of rocks and arrid places really fascinate me. It make me hopeful. If God can make flowers grow out of a rock perhaps, just perhaps, he is pretty amazing and suddenly the world has a chance of making it, ya know?
Jake and Kari were wonderful hosts in letting us invade their home for a long time. By the end of the week these expressions were frozen on their faces...I'm not sure what that means exactly.
Below is the Colorado Columbine. I tried desperately to find it growing in nature but had to settle with seeing it in a park. It was still magnificent. What a beautiful flower!
One of the most relaxing experiences I have had in a long time was a visit to the Ritz Carlton Spa. My mom treated us girls to the treatment of our choice and we were pampered for a few hours. Even though I could not partake in the hottubs and steam rooms it was still fabulous! Here we are after our treatments, don't we look relaxed?


Here is a pic of the whole family. My we have grown quite large in the past 5 years!


We drove up a very bumpy and windy road to get to this view of Piney Lake. It was well worth it. Plus we also got to hear my mom exclaim, "What's a nut sack?" Ask her to tell you the story.


Not a bad place to eat lunch, eh?

Flowers in the desert too? Even more spiritual connections!


Jamie and I visited Fruita, CO home of the Colorado National Monument. This is Independance Monument and apparently on the 4th of July some climbs to the top and puts an American Flag there.

This was a very beautiful hot and sweaty place to hike. There is NO shade whatsoever unless it is manmade. But still very beautiful.

Here is Jake working at his summer business of renting mountain bikes to rich people who arrive at 3:00 pm and pay $55.00 to ride down a trail for an hour. He is happy to rent to them.




Comments

Popular Posts