Basement redo

We are in the midst of a basement remodel. Wait..you say...isn't there a baby due in less than 7 weeks?! Right you are friends. During the September Minnesota Monsoon season, water leaked into our basement. Wet carpet + moldy dry wall = major project.
Jamie has been doing a lot of the work himself and doing a great job. But yesterday I finally needed to admit to him that this project is driving me absolutely INSANE! The whole "nesting" thing that comes with pregnancy is a very real thing and the basement (which is our tv room, play room, office) being torn up is causing major issues with me. My patience is quite thin being almost 9 months pregnant and I am tired all of the time. + there isn't much I can do to help...which is also hard for me.
Anyway I feel a little better today after a good sermon, a nap and an understanding husband. In the grand scheme of life this is just a little hiccup. But it is like my brain and sense of reality can't quite function properly right now. I think I will just listen to Rainbow Relaxation and go to bed.

Comments

Kendra Wheeler said…
Oh Em! I can completely understand how you feel! We moved to a new place two weeks before my due date...it was crazy. It will get much better and think about how great it will be when it is finished. I will continue to keep you my prayers.
TB said…
i hear ya em :)

can i tell you how happy i am that you are BLOGGING regularly again :)!!!

makes me happy :) MISS YOU! T

Popular Posts