Books and Music

I think few things can bring me as much joy as reading a good book or listening to a great new band. I am reading a few books right now. This has become a regular pattern for me (reading several books at one time I mean) and I'm not sure why.
I am reading the Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster. Excellent book but not light reading. He has a whole chapter on fasting that has really got me thinking a lot lately about how much food can control us. I have never fasted an entire day before and frankly it makes me nervous thinking about it.
I am also reading a book that I gave Jamie for Valentine's Day called Sex God by Rob Bell. On a random side note, some people at church asked Jamie what I got him for valentine's day and he said with great excitement "She got me a book on Sex...and God". They looked at us a bit oddly and left the youth room.
Anyways this book is really good so far and I encourage others to check it out. So far my favorite chapter is called Leather, Whips and fruit :) And the chapter was mostly about different forms and shapes that lust can take, and how much it robs you of real joy.
Well, on a lighter not I am also reading the latest John Grisham book The Innocent Man. But I am bored with it and haven't picked it up in over a month and a half. Not your best book John.
I am also reading a book called Luke which as some of you may know...is in the bible.

This is getting long and I also titled this Music.
I am listening to such a great cd right now. It is this guy we went to college with. The cd is called Candle Sessions and I have no idea where you can buy it but if you can do it. Or I can make you a copy. Just kidding that is illegal.

Jamie just purchased us tickets to the Damien Rice concert in may. I am pumped! I have listened to him live on tv and on You Tube so I can only imagine how great he will be in person. I love a great live show.

Comments

Vanderson said…
Hey JEmily,
Just thought I'd respond to your Books and Music area. I've just finished 2 great books by the author Iris Johanssen. Final Target and And Then You Must Die. Great suspense/mystery with just a hint of romance. They aren't profound and they teach you nothing of value, unless you need some ideas of how to escape from serial killers, but good none the less.

Popular Posts