February 24th, 2007

It is Saturday morning. About 3 inches of snow on the ground, more to come. I thought what a great time to start a blog. I'm not entirely sure why I felt compelled to do this, but here it is anyway. I suppose this could be like an online journal. And really if I never told anyone about this site, would anyone ever find it and read what I am writing? I suppose not.
There is this sort of fascination though about reading what is going on in other people's lives. A friend of mine recently sent my a link to her blog site and on it were links to other people she knew that had blog sites. I found myself reading other people's sites...and I had no idea who they were and probably will never ever meet them.
Why did I do this? Sometimes I think it is the fascination and struggle I have with thinking that everyone's life is much more exciting than my own. I have a great life, don't get me wrong. But why does it always seem like others are doing more exciting things or having more fun or making more of an impact on the world?
This is a deception...I know. And yet still a struggle of mine. The grass is always greener...or I guess in Minnesota one would say the snow is always whiter :)
Anyway, I'm going to sign off for now b/c I need to check out some more features of this site.

Comments

Popular Posts